Monday, April 13, 2009

EDM 310 Podcasts: Critique for Improvement

I listened to four podcast and the one I participated in. First of all, I would like to include that everyone did great research on their material. I believe we all did a great over all job. The assignment was given so we could critique one another for improvement. Everyone could use improvement in one way or another. The podcasts I chose to listen to were “Burp Back Education”, Source Materials for High School Teachers, Technology used in the Classroom at USA, Can Podcast be used in Classes I will Teach, and Interesting Blogs I found on the Internet (which was mine).

In all of the podcast, we could enhance vocal variety. Some of the speakers were speaking too softly even me. Some of the podcast could use more interactions among the panelist. To sell our information to the public we must first have excitement in the delivery of the topic being discussed. We want to hold the audience attention. To have a podcast more exciting also we must remember to not present it as a read along topic.

In a few podcast presentation, I heard a lot of ah’s and some pauses. When I took a speech class it was told to me that too many ah’s could ruin a speech and an audience will lose interest. Last but not least some of the moderators could have been more verbal with casual talk among the panelist. One of the major responsibilities of the moderator is to set the tone through a strong introduction. I believe that everyone has gotten over a little of stage fright and we will definitely piggy back on this experience for future references. So, when we are in our classrooms, I hope that we remember that podcasting can and is a useful tool to use in teaching.

1 comment: