Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 8: Podcast done by Students

I listened to two podcasts from last semester’s EDM 310 classes. I must say this, they all had courage. I have the opportunity of hearing how it should be done from listening to professional podcasters and guidelines from the instructor. The students from last year were the test subjects; there were a couple of things that I would improve and implement them into my podcast to make it better. I listened to You Tube-For Education? and Possibilities for using Facebook in an Educational Setting. The information was good but the presentation of the information is what I will focus on.

In both podcasts, there were too many ah’s and um’s. When I took a speech class, it was stated that too many ah’s will ruin a great topic. I will try to keep that in mind I present my topic on March 10, 2009. Also, some of the panelists were not enthusiastic about presenting the topic. Every presenter must remember to speak with enthusiasm to keep the attention of the listeners. If the presenters are not excited about the topic the audience will not be excited either. So, on Tuesday, I will speak with enthusiasm so that the listening audience would desire more information. Last but not least, I will cite the links to the resources of the covered material. One of the podcast I listened to forgot to do that. So, with all this in mind, on next year someone will be critiquing mine for improvement.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent Kimberna. Having listened to your group practice last week, I do not believe your group will lack enthusiasm. I am really looking forward to hearing your podcast tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE ROCKED on our podcast....thank you for doing such a wonderful job!! It was alot of fun and informative at the same time. GO US!!!

    ReplyDelete