Monday, February 9, 2009

Teachers Blog in U.S.

I was very fascinate with Forest View Elementary Blog. They use their blog for several different reasons. The colors were very eye-catching and the pictures were wonderful. The blog is a great advertisement tool; Forest View Elementary did an outstanding job with that. If I was moving into that area I certainly would consider that school. Also, It is a multicultural school with a warm learning environment. The teachers, students, and parents have resources on there that is helpful for each group. The parents can keep up with the different upcoming events and the district offers a parent newsletter to enlighten the parent concerning progress of the whole district. My favorite was one of the kindergarten classes. The teacher showed how teaching five years old can be fun and rewarding. He also posted pictures from different field trips. If I was a kindergarten teacher, I would certainly glean from this particular teacher’s blog. You can view Forest View Elemenatary School at htt:p//www.forestview.dpsnc.net

Elementary schools are my favorite but I must say Washington Middle School had a very good blog. For the middle school age children, if I had to choose I would consider taking a look at the campus. They also advertise their school but with less color. I understand the reason; you are appealing to the adolescent group. The teachers posted their homework assignments, and upcoming events concerning their class rooms. For parents I like that because you can keep up with your child’s assignments. The athletic department posted their events and that would perhaps attract athletes. Washington Middle School also uses their blog to let the community and parents know about the different programs they offer. If you want to know more about Washington Middle School go to http://www.springfield.k12.il.us/schools/washington/

1 comment:

  1. Good start. First weblink to Forestview does not work. (htt:p). The second weblink to Washington Middle School is missing. Please correct.

    ReplyDelete